Thursday, January 10, 2008

Dearest Friend

Me and EmilyKeith and Corey
Keith and CoreyKeith and Emily's little darlins (Caedmon, Milo and Hadley)


One of my dearest friends, Emily, is moving tomorrow and I'm feeling so terribly sad. The selfish part of me wants them to stay, but I know God has big plans for them in Florida.

After we said our final goodbyes today, as I was sobbing into my husbands chest, I told him that Emily and I had become such close friends that we talked on the phone several times a day-she knows everything about me and what I'm going through right now. She knows the most negative side of me and loves me just the same and she knows my best side and is always building me up. I feel like she is the person God gave to me after my sister moved away, to help me cope. Now I feel like a sister is moving away again.
My husband said "maybe someone in Florida needs Emily even more than you do". Wow, could that be possible:-) If so, I am so glad for the friends that will meet Emily. I hope they realize how blessed they are!

I know we will probably still talk on the phone everyday and visit from time to time, but who will cut her bangs:-) and how will I kiss Milo's chubby cheeks. It's there bright smiling faces that I will miss the most. As you can see in the picture, Emily has a giant, contagious smile. And I will miss sitting together and just venting to each other. There is something refreshing about just unloading on a friend who loves you unconditionally, never makes you feel judged and who feels close enough to you to unload in return.

Even with the sadness, I am so excited for everything that awaits Emily in Florida. A new start, change, adventure, excitement and the chance to add new friends to her long list of people who love her. I know Keith has been hoping for this for a long time and even though my husband will also miss him, we are so happy for this new stage. He deserves it. He's a good man and CCC is blessed to have such a person working for them. You can definitely see Gods hand in this whole thing (other than the movers-that might be someone else's hand:-)).

So, Emily-I love you. You hold a special place in my life and I hope that we will stay in close touch over the years. Thank you for the friend you've been to me! I am blessed! I hope I have been close to as good a friend to you. I will miss you!















3 comments:

emily anderson said...

ugh...still sobbing.
i miss you already...thank YOU for being such a friend to me...i love you tons!!!! see you soon friend.

emily anderson said...

and oh yah, my kids look so different in that picture...look at little milo! how cute :)

Anonymous said...

i am praying for you both! it made me cry reading your blog! i know the lord's peace and comfort be with you...hang in there. i am glad we get to have you at mops and we are all here for you!