Monday, November 3, 2008

My Dream Birth

Well, he's finally here! Keegan was born on October 23, 2008 at about 4:40am. My water broke at 2:30 and because I had labored for much of the day before, I went straight into transition labor when my water broke. Wowzer-that was a shock to the system, but it made it fast. I climbed into the birthing tub at about 3am (I think), and had him in the water at 4:41. I only pushed for about 15 minutes. He was a big guy, 9 lb. 6 oz. and 22 1/4" long, so he got a little stuck, but with help from my awesome midwife (and by the grace of God), he came out fine with only a first degree tear. Pretty amazing! I had lots of family with me including my mom, who came in from New Mexico. Nevaeh slept through the whole thing and we woke her up immediately after he came out so she could be a part of the event. We stayed in the water for a while just recovering and checking out our new little man, then moved to the couch to try to nurse. It was such an awesome experience just visiting with everyone and being in my own home to welcome our new baby into the world. By 10:30am that day, Corey, Nevaeh, Keegan and I all snuggled up in our bed and stared at our new baby as a family. That was a precious time. Recovery has been awesome and we are all doing great. A little tired of course with getting up at night-but it's worth it! Nevaeh is crazy about her little brother and is a lot of help (too much at times) . Hope you enjoy the pictures.
Check out the top of my stomach!!






Proud sister

10:30 am in our own bed



15 comments:

emily anderson said...

seeing you in labor, made my body feel like it was in labor.
weird.

anyways, so glad he's here and that everybody is safe and healthy!

he's precious...i want to meet him :)

Anonymous said...

oh my....he is so amazingly gorgeous!!! i can't wait to take some pics of him!!!! i love your birth story - so cool. it has inspired me. =) (not that i'm expecting or anything....just to clear the rumor mill there....)

Mindee Blount said...

Beautiful baby!! Congratulations!!

Lisa said...

Congratulations!! He is so precious! Thank you for sharing your birth story. Hope you are doing well!
Love, Lisa

Jana Gibson said...

Congrats! He is a beautiful baby. And, I'm so glad you had a wonderful homebirth experience! There's nothing like being at home in your world, comfy, cozy, and relaxed. SOOOOO happy for you all and your beautiful family. Hugs.

The Pools said...

Congrats, such a perfect little guy! the Pools

Tonia said...

Wow, what an experience! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Marietta, I fought back tears reading your story and seeing these amazing pictures. I am sooo proud of you! (I say that since we talked briefly about the fears..etc one day while you cut my hair..tee hee)
Much love to your family
Rene'

Anonymous said...

Marietta, I fought back tears reading your story and seeing these amazing pictures. I am sooo proud of you! (I say that since we talked briefly about the fears..etc one day while you cut my hair..tee hee)
Much love to your family
Rene'

jeanna said...

oh momma! what a story. you are amazing. i am definately inspired. he is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Wow congratulations on your home/water birth! He's beautiful!

Audrey :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!! He is too beautiful and I can't wait to see him at Thanksgiving, hopefully. I miss and love you guys!

nicole said...

youre crazy.
i want to be drugged.
just kidding.
congrats beautiful!

peggy b said...

oh, another beautiful baby ... congratulations! loved the pics and your story ... can't wait to meet the little man up close and personal!

Anonymous said...

even though i've already met the handsome little guy and heard the story, it's still pretty stinkin awesome. love you. please let me know if there is anything i can do!!! i am just a short walk away and home most of the time.