Thursday, January 17, 2008

I've Been Tagged!
Ok, my friend Dawn has tagged me so I guess now I'm supposed to tell you 7 unusual things about me.

1. I have really curly, frizzy hair. Most people probably think my hair is straight and almost black. However, I love to color my hair lots of different ways and I straighten it most of the time to calm it down. I wear it curly occasionally but it's usually when I am running late.



2. I was the valedictorian of my senior class. Crazy huh? Some people like to tease me that I had a small class so it wasn't hard to be the smart one. I disagree-in a small town we all had nothing to do but school work and perfecting sports. So, there were lots of smart and athletic people. Unfortunately, as you get older, if you don't exercise your brain, you get dumber. That's what happened to me- if you were wondering. I need to start reading encyclopedia's so I can catch back up.



3. I have a bachelors degree in communications and business and used to be an event planner. I used to plan fund raising events for a couple of non-profits (Heart to Heart International and Muscular Dystrophy Association). We raised hundreds of thousands of dollars at some of these events and it was a pretty great feeling. After that, I finally decided to get my cosmetologist license (my true career calling). I loved that so much, but then I had a baby, and now I stay at home with my daughter (my true life calling). So all that school and school loans and I'm just at home-funny huh?!



4. I love chewing bubble gum. I like the big gumballs that are shaped like different fruit. I like to chew it until the sugar is all gone then get a new one. Bad for my teeth and body-I know. I think it's my cigarettes:-)



5. I hardly ever cook the same thing twice. I love to cook and usually do meal plans for two weeks at a time. Once I made a 3 month meal plan for my sister and I with all the recipes included. Of course, I only used it once. I love looking through recipe books and finding new ones and trying them out on my hubby. He is so not picky that it makes it easy for me. Although, he's always asking for things I made a while back but by then I've forgotten what they were or where the recipes are.



6. I used to sing in country music shows all over Kansas and Missouri. When I came to college in Kansas, I started auditioning and soon started singing at these shows/opry's on Saturday nights. I loved it-live band, sparkly costumes, the lights-Big high! I even had 8x10 posters that I signed autographs on for the fans. When I met Corey, he came to watch me a few times-then we stared planning other things for Saturdays and I just kind of faded out of it. I miss it sometimes although I know that was just a phase of my life and it's not for me now. Crazy! I've been singing on worship teams now for the last 9 years instead. Much more for me now at this age! and stage of my life.



7. I'm sorry to admit this, but I love watching "the Young and Wrestless" and "Days of Our Lives". Total crap-I know. But every once in a while I turn it on to see what the story line is now. I usually get hooked and have to break myself from it all over again. It's another addiction of mine-someone help me!!!!



Okay, so maybe those aren't that unusual but that's all I could think of. Am I supposed to tag other people now? I think all my friends have been tagged by other people??????????

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well this was fun to read!!! Yeah, usually you tag other people, but if they've already been tagged then don't sweat it! It was fun to read your randomness for the day! Love you!!

Anonymous said...

Almost forgot....love the addition of your photo on the right! Great picture of you, Deary!

jeanna said...

I have an entire set of encyclopedias that I want to get rid of, if you are interested. ; ) i can't wait to hear you sing! did i hear a rumor that you are going to join the worship team of kidstuf, or was that someone else? love,jeanna

Jennifer said...

i loved finding a little bit more out about you! so fun! can't wait to find out more... we need to hang out! love, jenn

emily anderson said...

ha! love the random facts...i knew most of them...but did not know that you used to be a country music supa-star! that's funny auntie rita...

and by the way...just got your message...will call ya tomorrow night!
love you tons!!