Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Friendly Baby

Nevaeh has been charming the socks off of everyone here at the hotel. She can captivate a whole audience within seconds. She has lots of adopted grandparents now from all over the place. I think she is missing her Grandpa-last night she couldn't fall asleep (again) and we could hear her in her bed saying "Grandpa" over and over again so sweetly. For being cooped up in a hotel for so long, she is being a really good girl. Seems like her hair has gotten even more curly up here-it's too cute.

Yesterday, we went to Burlington Coat Factory where I found an adorable Easter dress for Nevaeh. They have the most amazing selection of kids clothes for such great prices. This location is much cleaner and organized than the one in Olathe. Doesn't keep me away though, I love it.

I also went to Wal-mart yesterday to get more lunch meat (we are eating lots of sandwiches this week). A lady completely stepped in front of me when I was loading my stuff onto the self-checkout lane. She just walked up and stood in front of me and started putting her stuff in front of mine. I stopped and just looked at her because I was in such disbelief and she just looked at me like too bad so sad. The lady overseeing the self-checkout area saw and called me over to her and checked me out herself. Crazy!

Then, when I was leaving, I came to an intersection where I did not have a stop sign but both sides beside me did. As I was approaching, this guy just casually drove right through the stop sign and right in front of me. If I hadn't slammed on my brakes, we would have collided. He just looked at me like I was in his way. That is the way all the driving has been here. No one wants to let you over at all and they drive really fast even on side streets.

Can you tell I grew up in a very small town (and I mean very!)

Can't wait to get home!

7 comments:

TnT Momma said...

Nevaeh is definitely a little charmer! But, I think that's partly because she has such a GREAT mom! You take everything in stride - including bad drivers and rude Wally-world shoppers. You show those Georgians what CLASS is all about girl!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl,
I was wondering what happened to you ;). I giggled at your comment on being from a small town..you should have elbowed that crazy lady out of the way and told her a thing or two...
PS don't forget I owe you a babysitting date. remember???!!!

Rene'

Anonymous said...

Awww Girly, don't worry...you'll be home tomorrow! :) Can't wait to see you (and Nevaeh!) when you get here!

Christine said...

Hey Rita, wishing you safe travel in getting back to "small town", KS. I am looking forward to getting together to learn more about the new makeup line. I could really use some tips! See you soon.

Carly said...

Hi Marietta! So sorry to hear that the southern hospitality has been lost. We may need to get together next week while our homes are being renovated! Travel home safe!

emily anderson said...

ugh...i would have popped that lady in the face :)

people are rude...hope you have a good trip home!

nicole said...

no seriously...why are you in Georgia?